first thought watching The Chasers Media Circus: they are going to shut down the ABC
getting on my roof was hard but i rewarded myself with a cigarette
I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy
because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless
and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.
Friends! Who is going to be in Sydney between the 10th and the 14th of December?????
- Gough Whitlam: introduces Medicare, allowing free access to healthcare for everyone
- tone abet: wants to introduce $7 copayment to every GP visit
- Gough: gives us our first advisor for women's issues
- tone: supposedly is the minister for women, still not sure he realises they're human too
- Gough: pulls troops out of Vietnam
- tone: wants to send asylum seekers there
- Gough: introduces free tertiary education
- tone: wants to deregulate university fees
- Gough: gets rid of the OBE and knighthoods, introduces the OA
- tone: brings back knighthoods.
- Gough: replaces God Save the Queen with Advance Australia Fair as our national anthem
- tone: loudly ignores the line "for those who've come across the sea/we've boundless plains to share"
- Gough: one of the finest PM's this nation has ever had
- tone: wrong lizard. Possibly a dinosaur based on how outdated views are.
Q:What is port macquarie like
if you live there: it is a terrible and boring place and feels way too small. would not recommend living there. (although it was a good place to grow up, especially because when i was growing up there there were like 900% less stabbings/beatings/murders/assaults)
if you don’t live there: an amazing destination with beautiful beaches, pretty much no pubic transport, a satisfactory bar/drinking scene, a Norfolk island pine is always in sight and a pretty damn good skate park.
recently they’ve been modernising everything so its losing that small town feel and gaining more of a city feel except the roads which are maintaining the pot-holes of a neglected small town. Its great if you love surfing or skating which is the main culture there. it is however not great if you like multiculturalism as it is mostly white people (its essentially a glorified retirement village for old white people). this also means that it maintains that small town racism/ignorance.
there are really really nice small towns pretty close by with amazing beaches and scenery like lake cathie (pronounced “cat-eye”) and dunbogan (no joke), wauchope however is a shithole with only one roundabout where people go to breed with cows and sheep (you’re not from port if you live in wauchope and this is very important).
if you ever make your way to port be sure to love beaches and beach culture and never ever touch the Edmund Barton statue on town green as it has had every type of bodily fluid and body part on it. Make sure to see the lighthouse, eat from delicious noodle (which is now dumpling noodle house i think), smoke weed in the pink castle at fantasy glades, take a goon sack to get drunk at the carnival on new years and try to sneak into fotsun (festival of the sun). And never stay for more that 4 weeks because you will get so bored you’ll probably end up eating your own face
I will leave you a picture of an “artwork” they put up at the entrance to the town near the highway to give you a feel of P-MAQ
(no one actually knows what it is but im pretty sure its a lemon juicer)
Okay, consider this:
Vegans have absolutely no reason to lie to you about conditions of meat, dairy, and egg farms. By exposing those industries, they do not personally gain anything. But the government has billions of dollars riding on animal agriculture.
Think long and hard about that before you accuse vegans of propaganda and brainwashing.